Readmission of Former Students

Students who wish to register at the college after an absence of three or more academic semesters (not including May or summer terms) must apply for readmission through the Office of Admissions. Re-entering students are subject to the academic requirements in effect at the time of their re-entry. Westminster College makes every effort to honor coursework taken in previous years; however, due to curriculum changes, this cannot be guaranteed. Previous coursework in question must be reviewed by individual academic departments with a final agreement submitted in writing to the Registrar’s Office.

Former students who have attended other colleges or universities during their absence must apply for readmission as transfer students and must meet all applicable requirements for admission. It should be noted that students who attend other colleges or universities during a summer session are not required to reapply. Transfer credit for such courses is subject to the college’s regular transfer policies as stated in the Degree Requirements section of this catalog

In accordance with the Higher Education Reauthorization Act, Westminster College will readmit veterans at the same academic status in which they left the institution, provided the veteran notifies the college in advance of their deployments and are not absent from the institution for more than five years, cumulatively. Those students who fail to provide advance notice may re-enroll after providing proof of service.