Criteria for the Acceptance of Transfer Credit
Westminster College awards transfer credit for coursework that meets the following criteria:
- The transfer institution is regionally accredited*
- The credit awarded is for non-remedial coursework taken in general academic areas that are part of the Westminster curriculum;
- The credit awarded is for coursework with grades of C- or better. Marks of credit (CR) or pass (P) are not accepted unless verified as equivalent to a C- or above. (Except physical education classes which are offered only for grades of CR or P.)
*Note: Westminster College will accept transfer credit from a nationally accredited institution when:
- Westminster has put in place a formal approved articulation agreement targeted towards a specific
- Westminster academic program. Students who are admitted to one of these programs and who later change to a different academic program are subject to a revision of transfer credit.
- The nationally accredited institution holds additional accreditations in the relevant academic discipline. For the RN to BS program, the following guidelines apply:
1. The transferring nationally-accredited institution must be accredited by one or more of the following accrediting bodies recognized by the Department of Education:
· Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
· Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
· Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
· Council on Occupational Education (COE)
2. The transferring nationally-accredited institution must also be accredited by a national Nursing Accreditation body (ACEN, CCNE, or COA). The transferring institution’s board scores and pass rates will be taken into consideration at the time of Admissions and reviewed yearly.
3. The transferring nationally-accredited institution must be in good standing with all accrediting agencies at the time of Admissions for transfer credit to be approved.
4. All incoming applicants must have successfully passed the NCLEX examination.
Information about qualifying schools may be obtained from our Admissions Office.