Make good use of our learning resources.
Westminster has extensive learning resources that support you and put your knowledge to work in interesting, practical ways. Here are just some of the unique resources that will connect you with learning opportunities in and out of the classroom.
- The Center for China-America Business Studies offers study abroad programs, guest speakers and other special events designed to help students develop a global consciousness and prepare them for participation in a global economy.
- The Center for Civic Engagement promotes social and political responsibility by connecting you with opportunities to make a difference through service, service-learning and activism.
- In the Center for Financial Analysis - one of the top facilities of its kind in the West - you can analyze real-time financial data and think critically about economic problems, using the same tools and technologies that Wall Street experts use.
- The Diversity and International Center fosters learning, ethical awareness and personal development through engagement and reflection on issues of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, class, and ability in an effort to prepare all students for life after graduation.
- The Division of New Learning offers exceptional Continuing Education seminars and workshops in two broad categories: Personal Enrichment and Professional Development. The division also a front runner in the development of new models of instruction, and also produces summer camps and international programs.
- The Environmental Center focuses on local, regional and global environmental issues, and models environmental stewardship. Programs range from our free bike-sharing program, Westminster Wheels, to our partnership with Jane Goodall's Roots and Shoots.
- Our First Year Program provides opportunities for connection and mentoring during your first year at Westminster.
- The Great Salt Lake Institute offers students unique interdisciplinary opportunities to study and research one of the world's most extreme ecosystems.
- The Institute for New Enterprise will prepare you for success as a business, corporate or social entrepreneur through focused courses, workshops, field experiences, business plan competitions and mentoring.
- All freshmen participate in Learning Communities that help you bond right away with classmates and faculty in two courses linked by a shared theme that will really make you think and welcome you to our campus community of learners!
- The tutors in the Mathematics Tutor Lab will help you be successful in your math intensive classes, as well as prepare you for the quantitative portions of standardized exams.
- Westminster is the home for the McNair Scholars program, an elite national graduate preparation program for low-income, first generation and underrepresented students.
- Students are encouraged to participate in Study Abroad experiences. We can connect you with practically any program, anywhere in the world.
- Visit the Writing Center for help at every stage of the writing process, from planning written work to writing and revisions to the final version. The Center will help you with individual assignments and improve your writing and communication skills.