A private comprehensive liberal arts college in Salt Lake City, UT, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in liberal arts and professional programs. Website
Undergraduate Research Options for Students

Undergraduate Research Options for Students


At Westminster College students have many options to get involved in undergraduate research. Some disciplines allow students to received academic credit for udergraduate research. There are also a number of work study supported undergraduate research assistant positions available. During each summer there are funds available from a variety of sources to support students who conduct undergraduate research with a faculty mentor. Most use the same application which can be found in the menu to the left of this page. The deadline for summer research grant applications is usually in early March of each year. 

In order to be considered for one of these grants you must be an undergraduate. Seniors may not apply for funds that occur after their graduation. Students must also have a faculty mentor and in most cases, a project in mind. The research can be proposed by the student, by the student and faculty working together, or by the faculty member. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and deadlines. Late applications will not be considered. All applications will be considered by the Undergraduate Research Faculty committee who will make final selections based on available funding, viability of the research project, and the qualifications of the student. 

Occasionally students will be considered for part time (20 hours per week) grant. If you and your research mentor have agreed to a part time schedule, please indicate that in your application. 

The Honors Program Summer Research Grants, and Ronald E. McNair Scholars Summer Research Program use their own application process. 


And there are grants that support  student consultants (Westminster Student Consultant Program), environmental studies project support (Ty Harrison Endowment), student artists in the classroom (Sorenson ArtBridge Scholars) and travel grants from ASWC (Opportunity Fund) and the Provost's Office. 

See the links above and on the left to find out more about how to get involved.