Money 101 Camp — Money and Adulting
2022 Camp Dates and Formats
- Live, In-Person Camp Sessions held on the Westminster College campus: June 20–24, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm (M-F)
- Live, Remote Camp Sessions held online: June 20–24, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm (M-F)
About Money 101 Camp
While middle and high school aged youth and their households may have access to financial literacy through their schools and internet, a practical and hands-on approach to personal finance can help youth prepare to confidently and knowledgeably interact in their increasingly complex financial lives.
- Basic financial literacy concepts: budgeting, credit, and savings
- Investing in stocks, bonds and mutual funds
- Applying for and managing credit cards
- Applying to and financing a college education and selecting a major
- Income, employment, property, and sales taxes
- Purchasing, financing, and insuring a car
- Renting an apartment
- The process of buying and financing a house
- Creating, financing, and managing a small business
Money 101 is being offered in both live, virtual AND live, in-person formats for 2022. Each camp session includes five, half-day sessions aiming to simplify the more complex concepts of adulting. A mix of activities, breakout sessions, assignments, and projects are used by the Westminster faculty and knowledgeable undergraduate students leading the sessions. Youth are challenged to engage with camp faculty, guest speakers, and each other.
As youth progress through assigned projects, they earn points towards rewards (gift cards, swag, and recognition) offered at the end of each camp session.
Sessions are designed to be adaptive and highly participative and will expose students to both the Gore School of Business and Westminster College.
Enrollment is limited to 25 students per camp session. This offers the most engaging and personalized experience, keeping the ratio to about 10–12 youth per faculty member.
The cost of the camp is $175. This includes the cost of all necessary materials, an online financial calculator, camp t-shirt, and Westminster merchandise (including a t-shirt, book bag, and more).
A discount is available for households of Westminster College faculty, staff, and alumni. Email email@example.com to receive the discount code to use during registration.
For more information or questions about the camp, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richard Haskell, Ph.D
Registration is now open and will close on June 20th at midnight.