Increasing Diversity in STEM
The Westminster TIDES project has developed a set of culturally sensitive POGIL activities for a non-majors CS course.
- a CS and Biology Learning Community targeting non-science majors.
- a CS and Chemistry Learning Community for science majors
- a CS and Sociology Learning Community for all students
- Levels of Student Participation and Stages of Relevant Curriculum
- Rubric for Culturally Responsive Lessons
- POGIL Activities for CS Principles (CS 0)
- Helen Hu, Computer Science
- Brian Avery, Biology
- Jessica Johnston, Chemistry
- Greg Gagne, Computer Science
- Julie Stewart, Sociology
- Tricia Shepherd, St. Edward’s University
- Jean R. Aguilar-Valdez, Portland State University
- Abigail Joseph, Nueva School and MIT Master Trainer