Do you have a business idea you would like to test, a project you would like to explore, or an initiative you would like to kick-off, but aren't sure where to start? The Opportunity Quest Competition gives you the chance to validate your idea, present it to leaders in the community and possibly get funding.
Participants will work to write and submit a formal executive summary that will be reviewed by a panel of judges consisting of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Finalists will be required to submit a video and a presentation that explains their idea and will be invited to do a live pitch presentation in front of judges. The top teams will be the recipient of the prize money.
The top winning team will automatically become a semifinalist in the Utah Entrepreneurial Challenge.
Opportunity Quest is open to all Westminster undergraduate and graduate students regardless of their major. You can participate as an individual or as a team. Not all team members need to be students, but the team leader needs to be a current Westminster College student. If you would like to be part of a team but do not have teammates, Opportunity Quest can help you pair up with other students.
Before you submit an application, make sure you are familiar with the Opportunity Quest Competition Packet.
2020–21 Competition Timeline
- Opportunity Quest Info Session: Oct. 15, 2020, 5–6 p.m. (RSVP needed)
- Application Opens: Oct. 1, 2020, 12 p.m.
- Opportunity Quest Info Session: Nov. 5, 2020, 5–6 p.m. (RSVP needed)
- Application Deadline: Nov. 29, 2020, at midnight
- Online Judging: Dec. 1–10, 2020, at midnight
- Top 10 Announced: Dec. 14, 2020
- Top 10 Mentor Sessions: Done by Jan. 17, 2020
- Top 10 Video Deadline: Jan. 17, 2020, at midnight
- Top 10 PowerPoints Due: Jan. 20, 2020, at midnight
- Competition Day: Jan. 22, 2020
- Award Day: TBD
For questions, email Deborah Marzano at email@example.com.
Opportunity Quest is sponsored by KeyBank, Rocky Mountain Power Foundation, and Zions Bank.