The Testing Center administers paper and pencil and computer-based exams for Westminster College students who require testing accommodations outside the time, space, or conditions of the classroom.
The Testing Center administers:
- Disability Accommodated and Make-up exams (this link is for faculty to schedule an exam in the testing center)
- CLEP and FLATS exams
To use the adaptive testing accommodation, you must register for adaptive testing accommodations with Disability Services and sign a letter of accommodations each semester.
To register with Disability Services, schedule an initial or informational appointment where you can discuss your specific needs and submit the necessary paperwork. You can also schedule an appointment by calling 801.832.2272 or by visiting the Testing Center.
Basement of Giovale Library
Monday–Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
The Testing Center provides minimal testing supplies: pencils, scratch paper, and basic calculators. You must bring other supplies needed for the exam.
- Get approval from your instructor to make up the exam.
- All exams MUST be scheduled. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 801.832.2116, or stop by the Testing Center to schedule the exam within the parameters set by your instructor. If the Testing Center has the exam on file, you can schedule your make-up exam for the same day, if space is available. If the Testing Center does not have the exam on file, the exam must be scheduled for the next day. This gives the Testing Center and/or student enough time to notify the instructor of the scheduled exam. The Testing Center does not administer drop-in exams.
- If you need to reschedule your make-up exam time, you are allowed to schedule the new time before the deadline provided by the instructor. If the deadline has passed or you're unable to take the exam before the deadline, you must contact your instructor for an extension.
- When you arrive to take the exam, you will:
- Show a photo ID—a photo ID is required before you can begin the exam.
- Sign a Testing Center Rules and Code of Conduct Agreement.
- Place all belongings not required for the exam in a large bag, which will stay with you in the exam space.
- At the end of the exam, return the exam to a staff member along with the bag that your personal belongings were stored in.
- After completion of the exam, Testing Center staff will return the exam as indicated by your instructor. The exam and all materials are placed in an envelope and sealed. If the Testing Center staff notices anything unusual during the exam or suspects cheating, they will include an Incident Form along with any proof they have of the incident.
Exams taken in the Testing Center are monitored at all times, and Testing Center staff ensure the integrity of the exams. Electronic exams are also monitored using software.
Make-up exams must be approved by faculty members in accordance with their class procedures. The Testing Center provides minimal testing supplies: pencils, scratch paper, and basic calculators. The student must bring other supplies needed for the exam.
- Provide the exam to the Testing Center. You can drop off the exam in person to the Testing Center in the basement of Giovale Library during operating hours and, while there, complete a Make-up Exam Request form. The Testing Center will hold the exam in a locked cabinet. You can also email the exam and the Make-up Exam Request form to email@example.com.
- The student must call 801.832.2116, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Testing Center in person to schedule the make-up exam. Testing Center staff will verify that the exam is in the Testing Center and remind the student to bring a photo ID at the time of the exam. All exams MUST be scheduled. If the Testing Center has the exam on file, the student can schedule the make-up exam for the same day, if space is available. If the Testing Center does not have the exam on file, the exam must be scheduled for the next day. This gives the Testing Center and/or student enough time to notify you of the scheduled exam. The Testing Center does not administer drop-in exams.
- The Testing Center staff will email you that the student’s exam has been scheduled and request the exam if it is not on file with the Testing Center. The student will also be advised to contact you about providing the exam to the Testing Center.
- At the time of the exam, Testing Center staff will ask the student for a photo ID to confirm they are the person who is allowed to take the make-up exam. The student will be required to sign the Rules and Code of Conduct. The Testing Center staff then monitors the exam session.
- After completion of the exam, Testing Center staff will return the exam to you as indicated on the Make-up Exam Request form. The exam and all materials are placed in an envelope and sealed. If the Testing Center staff notices anything unusual during the exam or suspects cheating, they will include an Incident Form along with any proof they have of the incident. Delivery of exams to campus mailboxes may not be possible until the day after the exam is taken.
- If the exam deadline expires before the exam is taken, you will receive an email stating that the exam deadline has passed and you must pick up the expired exam from the Testing Center or advise the Testing Center that the deadline has been extended. At the end of each semester, any exams left in the Testing Center after the grade submission deadline will be destroyed unless you submit a special request.