Testing Center Rules and Code of Conduct
Students using the Testing Center agree to adhere to Westminster College’s Student Code of Conduct (found in the Student Handbook, Policies and Procedures, B. Student Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Policy, Article III, B, 1). If the Testing Center staff suspects academic dishonesty, the test will be terminated immediately and the student may be subject to disciplinary action by the faculty member and/or the Dean of Students.
- Official photo identification is required for admission to any Westminster College test. Acceptable forms of ID include a Westminster ID card, current driver license, military identification, or passport. It does not include a concealed weapon permit (which reads on the back that it is not for identification purposes), food handler’s permit, or workplace identification. No form of electronic ID is accepted at the Testing Center.
- To ensure test and space availability, all tests must be scheduled.
- Arrive on time and be ready to take exams. If the test is started late, you must complete the exam in the time allotted. No additional time will be allowed.
- No electronic devices are allowed during the exam unless indicated by the faculty member. These include, but are not limited to, smart watches, FitBits, tablets, and jump drives.
- Cell phones must be turned off or placed in airplane mode during an exam. Any cell phone activity (calling, ringing, buzzing, vibration, etc.) after being admitted to the testing room will result in the immediate termination of the exam and a $10 fine.
- Students are only allowed to have items on their desk that are named by their faculty. Backpacks, purses, laptops, etc. and all other valuables must be placed in the provided bag. This bag will be placed at the student’s testing station and cannot be accessed during the exam.
- No open packages/containers of food are permitted in the Testing Center.
- Only closed beverage containers without ice are permitted in the Testing Center.
- Hats are not to be worn by students in the testing room unless for medical or religious reasons. Hats have been found to hide electronic devices and get in the way of the proctoring process.
- Calculators with a separate alphabetical keyboard in any format are not allowed in the Testing Center, as these calculators are more similar to computers than to other types of calculators. Additionally, NO calculator accessories are allowed in the testing area, including, but not limited to, calculator lids, cases, docking stations, etc.
- Bathroom breaks are not allowed unless the faculty grants permission for a test longer than two hours.
- No talking is permitted in the test room, except when directed toward a proctor.
- Any issues involving a test's instructions or availability are to be brought up with faculty. The Testing Center is not a liaison between students and faculty.
- No one is allowed to accompany a student into the Testing Center, including, but not limited to, a parent, significant other, roommate, or child.
- Watches of all makes and models are banned from being worn by any test taker. Watches may be placed in pockets or elsewhere so that they are completely concealed from view, silenced, and out of the test taker’s immediate use.
- Any writing found on a student’s body while testing warrants the immediate termination of their exam. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Software is installed on all computers to monitor and record your activity.