School of Nursing and Health Sciences
As a Westminster College nursing and health sciences student, you'll experience a unique learning environment in which every aspect of the program adds great value to your education. Graduates of Westminster's nursing and health science programs are high-quality professionals who are prepared to make a difference in the world, succeeding in nursing—one of the nation's top professions in terms of predicted job growth—or public health—one of the most diverse and dynamic fields.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
Westminster undergraduate nursing and health science programs prepare you to begin your career.
- Nursing (major)
- Public Health (major and minor)
- RN-to-BS in Nursing (major—interactive, online program)
- Human Performance and Wellness (courses only)
Graduate Degree Programs
Westminster's graduate nursing and health science programs will expand your professional opportunities in your career.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Nurse Anesthesia
- Master of Science in Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Public Health
WCore Liberal Education Program
The unique, liberal arts WCore courses that every Westminster student takes as a part of their studies are extremely valuable to nursing and health science students. WCore classes focus on synthesis, communication, and research, helping you develop the skills crucial for relating to the people and world around you.
Experience Employers Seek
Westminster's nursing and health sciences academic programs combine laboratory learning with rural and urban clinical experiences in leading health care delivery systems, hospitals, clinics, and community settings, giving you multiple opportunities to use the latest technology and equipment in state-of-the-art facilities and explore a wide variety of service-learning experiences. And, you will learn from faculty who maintain an active clinical practice.
Undergraduate students have opportunities to participate in college-wide international experiences as well as a special option to pursue an international nursing student exchange program offered through the McCormick School of Nursing at Payap University in Thailand. There are also international service-learning experiences offered through the Public Health program.
A Reputation Employers Trust
- U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks Westminster in the top tier of colleges and universities in the West.
- Westminster nursing graduates have outstanding NCLEX pass rates and are in high demand in diverse health care settings.
- Westminster has an outstanding pass rate on certification exams by students in the Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia (now the Doctor of Nursing Practice - Nurse Anesthesia program) and Master of Science in Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner programs.
Westminster's Doctor of Nursing Practice - Nurse Anesthesia program is the only such program in the Intermountain West and is accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Programs.
Westminster's Master of Public Health program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). Graduates of CEPH-accredited schools and programs of public health are equipped with the population health skills to address the world’s most pressing health issues.
The School of Nursing and Health Sciences is housed in Westminster's Dolores Dore Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center. This state-of-the-art educational facility includes:
- A Skills Center with a simulation laboratory that reflects real-world work environments and supports experiential learning for adult, pediatric, mock hospital, and health assessment skills
- Media-rich classrooms