Westminster College applications require multi-factor authentication to ensure any personal information stored online is safe. It's up to you to know if the device and network you're using is safe. Do not log into your Westminster account on computers or devices you do not trust or on unsecure wi-fi networks.
Multi-Factor Authentication Options
There are 3 ways to use multi-factor authentication:
- Receive a multi-factor authentication code via text message (this option may make it difficult to log into your Westminster account while traveling internationally)
- Use the Microsoft Authenticator smartphone app
- Purchase a hardware multi-factor authentication token from computer support (this option doesn’t require access to text messaging)
If you would like help settings up your security methods or would like to purchase a hardware token, please contact the computer support desk by calling 801.832.2023, submitting a help desk request, or by visiting the computer support desk on the main floor of the library during regular library hours. You can also purchase a token by filling out the form below.
Multi-Factor Authentication Tokens
There are 2 types of MFA tokens:
- A keyring token that costs $15
- A credit card-sized token that costs $20
It takes two business days set up a MFA token, so plan ahead if you need one before traveling.
If you have any financial concerns or limitations that don't allow you to purchase a token or if you have any questions about multi-factor authentication, contact computer support by calling 801.832.2023, submitting a help desk request, or visiting the computer support desk on the main floor of the library during regular library hours.