Convocation celebrates the beginning of your academic journey as a Westminster student. It's an opportunity for the Westminster community to formally welcome you, recognize the importance of your educational work, and vocalize a commitment to supporting you as you pursue your education. You'll hear from a variety of leaders on campus, including the college president, provost, and student body president, and have the opportunity to bond with your fellow classmates as you begin this momentous journey together.
We sing to Alma Mater
with reverent hearts and true.
Beneath the Wasatch mountains,
skies of azure blue.
Oh may thy men and women
e’er pledge their love to thee.
To our Westminster College,
we sing this song to thee!
History of Westminster College
More Than 140 Years of History
Westminster College has played a pivotal role in the educational heritage of the intermountain area. Today, Westminster exists as a fully independent, privately funded, nondenominational, comprehensive liberal arts institution of higher learning with selected graduate programs, meeting the West’s educational needs as it has since 1875.
The 2022 convocation is Monday, Aug. 22, 9–10:00 a.m. Students, faculty, and staff are all invited to attend.
- 8:45 a.m.
- Students meet in the green space by the residence halls
- Faculty meet in front of Giovale Library
- Staff gather in Richer Commons
- 9:00 a.m. Students and faculty proceed into Richer Commons, led by the pipe band
- Welcome by President Bethami Dobkin, PhD
- Purpose of Conversation by Provost Debbie Tahmassebi, PhD
- Presentation of Class by Erica Johnson, VP for Enrollment Management
- Student Body Introduction by Brynlie Green Morris, ASW President
- Academic Address by Provost Debbie Tahmassebi, PhD
- Remarks by Professor Robyn Hyde, PhD
- Closing Remarks by Provost Debbie Tahmassebi, PhD
- Performance of Alma Mater by the Chamber Singers