Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science Tutoring
Tutors choose their availability within the center's general hours of:
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 6–9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 3–5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 12–1:00 p.m.
Giovale Library, 1st floor (east side of building)
The Math, Physics, and Computer Science Tutoring Center provides free in-person and virtual assistance with math, computer science, and physics classes. When you use the center, you can expect an individualized session with an experienced tutor.
- Schedule an in-person appointment
- Schedule a virtual appointment
- Visit the center during walk-in hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 3–5:00 p.m.
Courses with Tutoring Available
- CMPT: 190, 201
- DATA: 150, 220
- MATH: 144, 201, 210
- Create an account if you haven't before. If you already have an account (for example, if you've used the Writing Center through the same system in the past), you can us that to log in.
- Make sure to select "MATH/CS/PHYS Tutor Center" when logging in.
- Once at the schedule, click on the time you'd like to schedule an appointment. You can select tutors with particular specialties from the "Specialties" menu at the top of the schedule. Tutors will be added to the schedule as they complete training on conducting online appointments.
- Enter all required information, including whether the appointment is for a specific assignment and information about that assignment(s).
If you need help arranging virtual tutoring, you can watch an instructional video.
You will be able to communicate with a tutor using video, audio, or chat. At the time of your appointment:
- Log into your scheduled appointment 5–10 minutes ahead of time.
- Open your appointment and click "Start or Join Online Consultation.
- To upload your coursework, click on the "Import/Export" button in the upper right corner (with 2 arrows pointing in opposite directions).