Westminster Anywhere is Westminster's virtual desktop solution, currently using the Windows Virtual Desktop. Westminster Anywhere allows you to have access to most academic applications that are on a Westminster computer.
The Information Services department reserves the right to perform maintenance on this application. It is important that you have an alternative plan to complete coursework if Information Services has issued a maintenance warning via email.
There are 4 ways you can access the Windows Virtual Desktop (depending on your Operating System):
Connect Through the Android App
Connect Through the iOS App
- Download app
- After launching the application, it will request access to your camera, microphone and Bluetooth. You can choose to allow or deny these requests but it will impact availability of these features in the virtual machine.
- Tap the "+" in the top right corner
- Tap "Add Workspace"
- Enter Westminster's Workspace URL: https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/api/arm/feeddiscovery
- Tap "Next"
- If you have the Microsoft Authenticator app, you can choose your account from the menu presented and your workspace will be configured. Optional: For a seamless experience, we recommend storing your credentials.
- Tap the "..." in the top right corner
- Tap "Edit"
- Tap "User Account"
- Tap "Add User Account"
- Enter your Westminster Username and Password
- Tap "Save"
- Tap "<" and then "X" to return to the main screen
Connect Through the Windows App
- Launch the Windows Installer:
- Click "Next"
- Review the license agreement, check the box, click "Next"
- "Install for just you" should already be selected, click "Install"
- Click "Finish" to complete the installation
- Now Windows Setup:
- Click "Subscribe"
- Enter your "firstname.lastname@example.org" username
- Enter the password for your account
- Complete the two-factor authentication prompt if required
- Your feed should be automatically located. Optional: Check the "Remember Me" box for a more seamless login experience