New Student Orientation
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Spring 2021 New Student Orientation program will include virtual and in-person components.
Westminster College is thrilled you decided to join the Griffin community! To help you adjust to life at Westminster, there are orientation experiences for first-year and transfer students, as well as events that will help you get to know and be involved in the community. Spring Orientation is mandatory program for all new students entering in the spring semester. There is also a virtual orientation experience for parents and family to prepare them to support you in your new adventure.
The 2021 Spring Orientation is a hybrid program with virtual and in-person components. Students starting at Westminster in the Spring 2021 semester will receive virtual sessions in advance and will meet on campus briefly to meet other incoming students, as well as staff and faculty. 2021 Spring Orientation will be held on January 12, 2021 (the Tuesday before classes start).
Spring Orientation is mandatory for new students and is designed to help you transition to Westminster's campus.
At Spring Orientation, you will get to:
- Make changes to your class schedule
- Visit the campus bookstore and pick up school supplies
- Receive your student ID
- Connect with your peers and learn about student engagement opportunities
- Discuss COVID-19 safety and policies
- Connect with campus resources: Campus Safety, Campus Security, Title IX, the Dean of Students Office, Writing Center, Career Center, and more
- Complete any final office visits needed before starting classes
Email firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.
First-Year and Transfer Student Documents
As you prepare to arrive on campus, take a moment to complete some forms that will help make your orientation experience and first year go more smoothly.
- Dolores Doré Eccles Heath, Wellness, and Athletic Center Membership Agreement and Release of Liability
- Orientation Program Waiver
- Purchase a parking pass online
Griffin GearUp is a program prior to New Student Orientation that is designed for deposited first-year students. Griffin GearUp includes meeting with an academic advisor, registering for classes, understanding the financial aspect of education at Westminster College, exploring leadership development, and meeting some of your peers. All 2021 Griffin GearUp programs will be virtual. All first-year students need to attend a Griffin GearUp event to register for fall semester classes.
Special thanks to our exclusive sponsor Mountain America Credit Union.