Westminster Tax Clinic
The Westminster Tax Clinic offers free tax preparation and financial advocacy services to low- to moderate-income individuals, persons with disabilities, the elderly, members of military services, veterans, members of Native American tribes, and limited English proficiency taxpayers.
At this time, the Westminster Tax Clinic does not anticipate allowing any walk-ins, given the current COVID-19 situation. However, this may change, so please contact the clinic directly if you have any questions at 801.210.8291.
The Tax Clinic can no longer accommodate drop-off packets on the Westminster campus. Do not visit the campus for your tax needs. The SLCO Government Center, SLCC West Valley Center, and Summit County Park City locations are the only sites where you can get help with your taxes during this tax season.
- Download and print your IRS intake form. To protect your privacy, do not email forms that include your personal information, especially your social security number, to anyone.
- Gather government-issued photo IDs and SSN/ITIN cards for yourself and anyone on your return.
- Gather all necessary tax documents and previous years' tax returns if you have them.
- Schedule an appointment during business hours.
- Arrive at your appointment on time with all your documents. Don't forget your face mask.
- SSN/ITN cards for yourself and anyone on your return
- Photo I.D. for taxpayer and spouse
- All W2's, 1099's, and any other income-related documents
- A copy of last year's tax return if available
- Amount paid
- Provider's tax I.D., name, and address
- Proof of mortgage interest and property taxes (Form 1098)
- Charitable donations (cash and in-kind)
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Casualty and theft loses
- Form 1098-T
- Record of expenses paid for tuition, fees, and books
Bank Account Information
Given the current COVID-19 situation, Westminster Tax Clinic is planning to modify the operations plans for the upcoming tax year. This is what we have in place for the spring of 2023:
- All taxpayers will be served on an appointment basis only. As of right now, the clinic does not anticipate allowing any walk-ins.
- We will be performing wellness checks of all the volunteers and clients, including contactless temperature being taken.
- Each tax station will be equipped with a plexiglass protective shield and sanitizing supplies.
- All taxpayers and volunteers are required to wear a mask at all times. If you have a medical issue that prevents you from wearing a mask, you will be required to wear a face shield. Please bring your mask or face shield with you to your appointment as the Tax Clinic will not be able to provide you with one.
- We are implementing rigorous cleaning protocols and sanitizing the commonly touched surfaces, including but not limited to pens, clipboards, desks, etc.
Although this year will be much different, the clinic staff are grateful for the opportunity to do what they can to help serve the community. At any point, the Tax Clinic may modify its operations to accommodate for any new CDC and local guidelines.
The Tax Clinic offers a wide range of services, both for individual tax return preparation and financial advocacy.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to low-to-moderate income families, persons with disabilities, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. Our IRS-certified volunteers provide free income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
The Westminster Tax Clinic seeks to assist individuals in achieving financial stability and self-sufficiency.
- AAA Fair Credit Foundation
- Individual Development Accounts (IDAs)
- Credit and Budget Counseling
- Debt Management
- Community Development Corporation of Utah (CDCU)
- Foreclosure Prevention Services
- Home Repair Program
- HomeFit Mortgage Program
- Down Payment Assistance Program
- Department of Workforce Services
- Food stamps
- Medical assistance
- Child care
- Salt Lake City Corporation
- Handyman Grant
- Home Rehab Program
- Home Buyer Program
- Salt Lake County Treasurer
- Tax Abatement for Real Property Taxes
- Delinquent Taxes for residents of Salt Lake County