Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration
Bill and Vieve Gore School of Business
The Online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Program at Westminster College
The online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a great option for working professionals who want to complete their degree and take their career to the next level. The program is an interactive, online, project-based degree program. It is based on the premise that the true mark of learning is not just what you know, but what you can do with what you know.
Westminster College recognizes that working students already know a lot about the business world. The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program allows you to concentrate your time on developing new business skills and applying them directly to a professional setting. You will learn online, at your own pace, and in a program approved by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Who the Bachelor of Business Administration Program Is For
The online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is designed for professionals who are looking for flexibility in an academic program and are eager to apply the knowledge, skills, and abilities they have already acquired to complete their degree and move ahead in the business world.
Westminster College also encourages transfer students with an associate degree and continuing Westminster College students who have satisfied their WCore requirements to enter this program. While not mandatory, having WCore requirements completed will ensure faster degree completion.
To enroll in the this program, you must also be admitted to the Bachelor of Business Administration program. See program admissions requirements to learn more.
- Communication: Effectively communicate business concepts orally and in writing to faculty and business stakeholders
- Ethical decision-making: Demonstrate an understanding of various ethical perspectives and use ethical and legal frameworks for decision-making
- Critical thinking: Develop skills to analyze and solve complex managerial problems
- Leadership and collaboration: Demonstrate how individual and group leadership contributes to organizational goals and outcomes
- Strategic perspective: Demonstrate the cultural, legal, economic, and geo-political forces that impact business strategies within national and international contexts
- Organizational performance: Analyze and use accounting and financial information to articulate organizational performance for various stakeholders
- Market execution: Identify and understand markets for an organization’s goods and services, apply the activities that make up the value chain for those goods and services, and employ appropriate methodologies and techniques for ensuring product/service quality and speed to market
Sample BUSINESS courses
- BBA-PRJ1.F: CEO for a Day
- BBA-PRJ2.2: Product and Price
- BBA-PRJ2.5: Tactical Execution
- BBA-PRJ2.5: Global Conciousness
A student working full time usually completes a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from Westminster College in 12–18 months, depending on individual experience and personal commitments.
Complete applications for the online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis. Early submission of applications is strongly encouraged.
Entry Terms- Fall, Spring, or summer
Dax Jacobson, Ph.D
Interim Dean, Gore School of Business
Dick Chapman, Ph.D
BUSINESS career opportunities
Improve your credentials with an online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from Westminster College. Together with your project coach, you will plan a personalized learning path geared towards your specific skills and interests. As you complete each project sequence, you will demonstrate new business skills and abilities.
Business Administration Program Format
The online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program follows an alternative plan of study format. Instead of taking multiple courses, you will complete a set of project sequences.
The program is competency-based, meaning curriculum was developed with the expectation of certain knowledge, skills, and abilities (competencies) you develop as you progress. Through this curriculum style, you will build expertise as you put theory into practice, applying what you learn immediately through projects tailored to your background, career, and aspirations.
This program is also taught in an interactive, online format, meaning you can complete projects around your personal and professional schedule to make degree completion more flexible and convenient while still having meaningful interactions with faculty and peers. And, you will be able to use your entrepreneurial ideas by using a business you want to start for most projects.
You complete all projects in each sequence to demonstrate a mastery of the program’s learning goals and competencies. Coursework is broken into 5 project sequences:
- Professional Development
- Competitive Analysis
- Enterprise Performance
- Strategy and Leadership
- Business/Commercial Plan (You will build a business plan for a new startup or work on an intrapreneurial plan for your company as well as take the ETS Major Field Test in Business)
The program uses team projects and one-on-one mentoring to build a community with coaches and peers, learn about project assignments and competencies to be evaluated, increase your performance in competencies, and network.
Learn More about the Bachelor of Business Administration Program
More information on projects, coaching, and grading can be found under degree requirements on the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) academic catalog page. Specific information on the parts of each project sequence is listed under course descriptions for the program in the academic catalog.
Accelerated Project-Based MBA Program Eligibility
When you complete the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program, you are pre-admitted to Westminster College’s online Project-Based MBA program. You can complete the Project-Based MBA program in 4 semesters.
Liberal Education Courses
Any WCore requirements you have to fulfill can be completed online along with the requirements for the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program. WCore is Westminster College’s liberal education program that gives you the opportunity to expand your knowledge, exploring new subjects and ideas through unique, engaged, and challenging courses.
Key Benefits of the Bachelor of Business Administration Program
- Flexible, interactive online format that allows you to complete most of the program online around your personal and professional schedule, making degree completion more flexible and convenient
- Easy access to faculty, mentors, staff, and support services that provide you guidance throughout the program to ensure success and completion
- Build on what you already know through projects that reflect real-world business applications and processes.
- When you complete the online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program, you will be eligible to seek an accelerated, online Westminster College Project-Based MBA degree.
At Westminster College, we are committed to making your education affordable.
Tuition and Fees
Federal financial aid is available and will be awarded on an individual basis to students who have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some federal financial aid programs require students to maintain the equivalent of full- or part-time enrollment.
Transfer students in the online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program are eligible to apply for the Fenton Foundation Scholarship. Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program students are not eligible for Westminster College merit scholarships due to the program's discounted tuition rate. However, Westminster College still offers tips on finding external scholarships.
Fenton Foundation Transfer Student Scholarship
Through support from the Fenton Family Foundation, Westminster College seeks to enroll Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) students who exemplify a strong commitment to completing their undergraduate degree. The Fenton Foundation Transfer Student Scholarship is a $10,000 scholarship awarded across 4 consecutive semesters ($2,500 per semester).
To apply for the Fenton Foundation Scholarship, applicants must complete the following:
- Apply to the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit 1 letter of recommendation
- Submit a short scholarship application
The scholarship application and additional details will be provided once you have applied to the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program and are admitted into Westminster College.
Students in the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program are eligible for federal grant programs but are not eligible for the Westminster College institutional Griffin Grant. Grants are generally need-based and do not need to be repaid. Some grants have requirements upon graduation to ensure repayment is not necessary.
Undergraduate students are eligible for a number of federal loans, as well as alternative, private loans. Whenever possible, students are encouraged to consider federal student loans first before considering alternative loans, as the terms and conditions of federal loans may be more favorable than the provisions of alternative loans.
Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study is a federally funded program that provides job opportunities for students to earn money to help pay for college. Westminster employs hundreds of students each year in different areas.
The Westminster Commitment
All students should have the ability to explore their passions. Westminster College is proud to cover the remaining tuition balance of qualifying students through the Westminster Commitment.