Business Computer Information Systems
Bachelor of Science
School of Arts and Sciences, Bill and Vieve Gore School of Business
The computer information systems major at Westminster combines computer technologies and business models to prepare students for a successful career. Through this program, you will learn how to manage computer technology to optimize the processes within an organization. You’ll cultivate problem-solving skills as you merge knowledge across disciplines.
Who It's For
Information-systems professionals have a technical knowledge of computer software and understand how organizations work. Our program attracts students who want to think critically about situations and integrate technology into the business world.
- Students work with standard software and development environments to be at the top of their fields.
- We emphasize information technology and implementation.
- Our small class sizes create the perfect environment to learn about project management and ask questions.
About the Program
What You'll Learn
- Actively participate in and execute the practice of software development
- Plan, design, test, and implement a hardware or software project individually and as part of a group
- Apply business, statistical, modeling, and computer science principles and skills to identify business problems, research, craft solution strategies, and develop an effective course of action
- Use a data and computer science platform to process structured and unstructured data, construct data architecture, design visual dashboards, and deploy predictive models to find solutions to business problems that achieve stated objectives
Plan of Study
Your coursework will emphasize computational skills as well as organizational management. You will take business and computer science courses and learn how to apply technologies to improve operations on the business level.
Liberal Education Courses
Operations management means designing and controlling production processes. Through this course, you will investigate how businesses can improve their corporate strategy by using technology to analyze their operations.
This class will give you a basic understanding of software planning, design, testing, reliability, and maintenance. You will work in a team to develop a semester-long project using the Agile approach of software development.
Want to learn more about the Business Computer Information Systems program?
A dedicated admissions counselor will reach out to you with personalized information to help with your search for the right program.Request More Info
The demand is increasing for graduates who understand computer systems and can apply their skills to meet the needs of a business. Through electives and course emphases offered in our program, you will be able to tailor your career to fit your passions.
- Application and business analyst
- Database administrator
- IT consultant
- Systems developer
- UX analyst
- Web content manager
Tuition and Aid
There's No Better Investment Than You
Westminster College knows you want an education where you matter—a place that will serve as a launchpad for a successful career and a meaningful life. Westminster will work with you individually through every step of the financial aid process. From scholarships to grants and loans, Westminster helps you make it happen.
With the highest percentage of students who complete one or more internships in the state, Westminster students hit the ground running with real-world experience. Plus, 90% of students were either employed or attending graduate school within 5 months of graduating. With a Westminster degree, you don't have to choose between a successful career and a fulfilling life.
You’ll be automatically considered for scholarship and grant opportunities.
In addition to general merit scholarships, other scholarship programs are available to support you throughout your time at Westminster.Check Out Scholarships
Your tuition, fully paid.
All students should have the ability to explore their passions. Westminster College is proud to cover the cost of tuition for qualifying students through the Westminster Commitment.
Aspirations in Computing Scholarships
The Aspirations in Computing Scholarship awards $3,000 per year for first-year, female, incoming students who have been honored by the national or regional NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Program. Winners, honorable mentions, rising stars, and certificate recipients from all regions are eligible. You must remain in good academic standing and complete a computer science course by the end of your first year at Westminster. This scholarship is in addition to other merit- and need-based aid you may be awarded (not to exceed the total of tuition and fees).
How to Apply
- Apply to Westminster
- Email Dr. Helen Hu (firstname.lastname@example.org) to notify here that you would like to apply for the Aspirations Scholarship
How to Renew Your Scholarship
- Complete at least 1 Computer Science class by the end of your first year
- Remain a student in good standing
For questions, email Dr. Helen Hu (email@example.com).