Bachelor of Science
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
The Nursing Program at Westminster College
To become a nurse who puts patients’ needs at the forefront, you need a nursing program that prioritizes your skills, understanding, and experience. We layer a rich foundation of liberal arts with faculty mentoring and a student-focused learning environment.
In addition to being to admitted to Westminster College, students interested in pursuing the Nursing program must be admitted to the program. The application process for the program varies based on if you are a high school senior (direct entry), are transferring to Westminster, or are a current Westminster student. Westminster also offers a RN-to-BS in Nursing program for those who already have their RN.
Learning is a Lively Activity
Our nursing program encompasses an ever-changing routine of lab simulations and classroom discussions that teach you to think on your feet you prepare ahead. Professors aren’t here to lecture—they’re here to coach and mentor. In fact, every student is assigned a faculty advisor who checks in frequently to make sure students have what they need to thrive.
Our faculty are student-focused, not focused on research and grant writing. This allows them to create an environment that inspires meaningful discussions, hands-on learning and critical thinking.
Who the Nursing Program Is For
If you’re looking to learn through engaging strategies where you can graduate well equipped to make a difference in the healthcare world, you’re in the right place
- Small class sizes capped at 24 students allow you to get more valuable attention and mentoring from faculty
- 4-semester curriculum with courses developed to enhance your learning and reinforce lessons learned in the classroom through additional simulations, labs, and clinical experiences
- Flipped classroom environment allows you to receive learning material before coming to class, so you come prepared to discuss, not just listen
- Clinical rotations in both inpatient and outpatient settings allow you to gain a well-rounded perspective of healthcare needs in different settings and populations
- Regular opportunities for service activities at senior centers, Head Start, free community clinics, and shelters
- Outreach in underserved communities helps you understand healthcare issues such as medication cost constraints, lack of preventive care, and mental health concerns
- Clinical experiences at highly reputable facilities help you determine what path you want to take your nursing career
sample nursing courses
- NURS-210: Nutrition
- NURS-280: Pathophysiology
- NURS-310: Vulnerable Populations
- NURS-418: Transitional Care Nursing
Sheryl Steadman, Ph.D
Dean of Nursing & Health Sciences
Diane Van Os, MS
Jon Worthen, MSN
Elizabeth Harald, Ph.D
accreditation employers trust
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master’s degree program in nursing at Westminster College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001, (202)887-6791.
Westminster has not determined whether it meets the educational requirements for licensure in all other states within the United States, including U.S. territories. Students will need to inquire with additional states for information.
Nursing Career Opportunities
Our nursing program is known as a national “Best Value” (US News & World Reports)
and our graduates enjoy not only outstanding pass rates on the NCLEX exams but also
a high rate of employment right out of the gates.
Our faculty are practitioners with extensive relationships in the healthcare field, which allows them to connect students with prospective employment contacts.
We have established relationships with the University of Utah, Primary Children’s Hospital, St. Mark’s Hospital, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, Park City Hospital, and many more—and we share these ties with our students.
Potential nursing Careers
Our students have gone on to secure nursing jobs with University of Utah, Primary Children’s, St Marks Hospital, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, Intermountain Healthcare, VA Medical Center and more.
There's No Better Investment Than You
Westminster College knows you want an education where you matter—a place that will serve as a launchpad for a successful career and a meaningful life. Westminster will work with you individually through every step of the financial aid process. From scholarships to grants and loans, Westminster helps you make it happen.
With the highest percentage of students who complete one or more internships in the state, Westminster students hit the ground running with real-world experience. Plus, 90% of students were either employed or attending graduate school within 5 months of graduating. With a Westminster degree, you don't have to choose between a successful career and a fulfilling life.
You’ll be automatically considered for scholarship and grant opportunities.
In addition to general merit scholarships, other scholarship programs are available to support you throughout your time at Westminster.Check Out Scholarships
Your tuition, fully paid
All students should have the ability to explore their passions. Westminster College is proud to cover the cost of tuition for qualifying students through the Westminster Commitment.